Diana Hendry has published five full collections of poetry, most recently The Watching Stair (Worple Press, 2018), and four pamphlets. She’s been writer-in-residence at Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary, a tutor in creative writing at the University of Bristol and at numerous Arvon Courses including Moniack Mhor. She was a Royal Literary Fund Fellow based at Edinburgh University and a co-editor of New Writing Scotland.
Mariscat Press’ new mentoring SCHEME
Mariscat’s Assistant Editor, the poet Diana Hendry, is offering mentoring to poets, new and experienced, who are seeking advice, encouragement and inspiration. Discussions will take place over email or telephone, with the possibility of face-to-face sessions in Edinburgh, should Covid restrictions allow.
Surgeries: Discussion of up to three poems, sent in advance. Ideal for one-off consultation and feedback. £60 for 1 hour.
On-going mentoring: Six two-hour sessions offering detailed, constructive criticism, over a year, of up to 50 poems. Ideal for those wishing to develop a body of work or who are putting together a collection. £600
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with a note answering the following questions: –
- how long have you been writing?
- why poetry?
- what are your hopes for your writing?
- what do you hope to gain from these sessions?
- Where I Was (Mariscat Press) 2020
- The Watching Stair (Worple Press) 2018
- Second Wind – with Douglas Dunn and Vicki Feaver (Saltire/SPL) 2015
- The Seedbox Lantern: New & Selected Poems (Mariscat Press) 2013
- Late Love & Other Whodunnits (Peterloo/Mariscat) 2008
- Sparks – with Tom Pow (Mariscat Press) 2005
- Twelve Lilts: Psalms & Responses (Mariscat Press) 2003
- Borderers (Peterloo Press) 2000
- Making Blue (Peterloo Press) 1995